Winterize Your Car In Bellevile
Cardinal Buick GMC Inc. Has the Team to Get it Done
As fall comes to a close, the inevitable colder months are creeping upon us. No matter if you love winter or dislike it, you need a reliable car to get you from St. Louis MO to Swansea Il safely. While it's impossible for winter not to affect your vehicle, there are crucial steps you can take to ensure you keep your car in the best shape possible. If you need a new model all together, we have fantastic options that are great for winter. From FWD and AWD trucks and SUVs, we'll ensure you can enjoy the snow in style. We are just around the corner from Shiloh IL and are ready to get you prepared for the first dusting of snow. Take on winter with confidence!
Tips On How To Winterize Your Model
From providing you with snow tires to winter maintenance and much more, our services are just what you need. Here are some helpful tips to make sure you are driving the safest car possible for snow, rain, sleet, and ice.
- Battery: Battery power decreases over time, but harsher and colder temperatures also deplete your battery's life. When the temperatures drop, your battery has to work harder to start. If your batter is already having problems, you risk breaking down. We recommend that you bring your car to our shop for an inspection.
- Cooling System: We recommend maintaining a ratio between 50/50 and 70/30 of antifreeze to water. If you are unsure of the kind of antifreeze your model's need, we will happily assist you and ensure you have just what your car is asking for.
- Brakes: While cold weather doesn't necessarily hurt your brakes, through our 27 point inspection, we will check your brakes to ensure you have the stopping power for slippery roads.
- Tires: While all-season tires do work in the winter, they are not as efficient as winter tires that provide you with more tread for better traction and power. It is also essential that your tires are correctly aligned. When the temperatures are continually hovering around, and below freezing, the rubber in non-winter tires hardens and decreases the tire's ability to grip the road. Winter tires use special compounds, specially made to resist hardening in cold temperatures.
- Winter Wipers: Winter wipers are an easy change. Winter wipers come with rubber that keeps ice from collecting on the blades. With heavier precipitation coming down from the sky, you want to be able to see the road ahead with ease.
- Winter Safety Kit: Before heading out on your next big road trip to the mountains, be sure that you have a winter safety kit with standard tools and supplies in case of an emergency. Be sure to have items like matches, a flashlight with batteries, an ice scraper, first aid kit, and warm clothing. It's always better to be prepared for the unexpected.
Models Great For The Winter
We offer a large selection of new and used models that are great for the winter months. From large GMC trucks to our modern and luxurious Buick SUVs, we can outfit each one to be just what you are looking for. From early mornings at the mountain to picking the kids up, your needs are important to us.
SCHEDULE A SERVICE APPOINTMENT
You can schedule an appointment with our service center at a time that works for you, and we will get you ready for winter. It's worth it to be safe. The last thing you want is to be running late for work, and then your battery fails. For more information, please give us a call or visit our location in Belleville. Let's do winter right together!